3rd EaP Panel on Harmonisation of Digital Markets
3rd EaP Panel on Harmonisation of Digital Markets took place in Brussels on 19-20 September. It aimed to present and discuss HDM work progress since October 2016 and plans for 2018 in preparation for the 2nd EaP Ministerial meeting on the Digital Economy, to be held on 5 October 2017, in Tallinn, Estonia.
Azerbaijan was represented at the panel by:
1. Isbandiyar Aliyev, Head of Department for Science, Technology and Information Society Development of the Ministry of Communications and High Technologies of the Azerbaijan Republic, HDM national coordinator;
2. Jalal Rahimov, Deputy CEO of High Tech Park Azerbaijan, Coordinator of EU4Digital: ICT Innovation;
3. Tofig Babayev, Director of R.I.T.A. , EU4Digital: eTrade Network expert, FET& ICT NCP HORIZON2020 in Azerbaijan, HDM contact person in Azerbaijan.
The participants of the 3rd HDM Panel discussed the achievements and plans of the EU4Digital networks: eTrade, eHealth, ICT Innovation, Trust & Security, eSkills and Telecom, as well the preliminary results of the ongoing studies related to the work of these networks:
1. Study on eTrade including eLogistics and Digital Transport Corridors in the EaP region;
2. Study on eHealth in the EaP region;
3. Study on ICT innovation and startup ecosystems in the EaP region;
4. Situation Review of the EaP region: safety and security of the cyberspace and eDemocracy;
5. Study on harmonising international roaming pricing and reducing roaming tariffs in the EaP region
Finally, the participants discussed and agreed on the draft declaration of the 2nd EaP Ministerial meeting on the Digital Economy.