ICT Proposers’Day 2014 Brokerage Event in Florence
Director of R.I.T.A. Dr. Babayev participated in the ICT Proposers’Day 2014 Brokerage Event was held on 9-10 October 2014 in Florence, Italy. 6 representatives of Azerbaijan researches participated in the event on R.I.T.A.'s initiative:
Dr. Bunyamin Seyidov, head of Department of Relations with the Academic Structures of Foreign Countries, International Relations Office of the Presidium of the Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences;
Dr. Elkhan Sabziyev, senior research officer, Institute of Control System of ANAS;
Narmin Rzayeva, research officer, Institute of Control System of ANAS;
Dr.Ulkar Sattarova, Head of Strategy Planning Department, Azerbaijan University of Architecture and Construction;
Khalida Melikova, Senior adviser at the State Agency on Nuclear and Radiological Activity Regulation, Ministry of Emergency Situations of the Azerbaijan Republic.
This event was organised by the European Commission's DG CONNECT in cooperation with The Italian Presidency of the EU, The Region of Tuscany, The Municipality of Florence and The University of Florence.
It focused on the Horizon 2020 Work Programme 2015 in the field of Information & Communication Technologies. It offered an exceptional opportunity to build quality partnerships as it connected academia, research institutes, industrial stakeholders, SMEs and government actors from all over Europe.
• Information sessions on how to prepare and submit a proposal
• Topic information stands where European Commission officials provide up-to-date information on the research and innovation topics of the Work Programme 2015 and the content of the calls for proposals
• A European Commission ICT information desk to supply information on relevant topics, along with other information stands
• Networking sessions organised according to the Pillars and Topics of the Work Programme 2015 where potential proposers present their project ideas
• Booths, organised per villages, which serve as meeting points for people interested in the same research topics
• Ample space for informal networking and bilateral pre-arranged meetings between participants
Azerbaijani researchers who took part in the event had over 20 face-to-face meetings and established contacts with their potential consortium partners.
State Agency on Nuclear and Radiological Activity Regulation