A Skype meeting between Azerbaijani scientists and representatives of foreign companies was held
Project proposals prepared by Azerbaijani scientists for HORIZON 2020 program and presented by the director of R.I.T.A., Legal & Financial NCP for Horizon 2020 in Azerbaijan, eTrade expert of the EU4Digital project Tofig Babayev at F2F meetings at the ICT Proposers' Day 2019 in Helsinki, Finland, on 19-20 September to 19 research and consulting organizations from 14 countries aroused great interest.
In this regard, on 20 November 2019, T. Babayev held a Skype meeting between Azerbaijani researchers and representatives of Greek organizations in order to discuss project proposals presented in Helsinki. The meeting was attended by the authors of the project proposals from Azerbaijan, including the deputy head of department of the Azerbaijan Technical University, Nijat Zohrabov, PhD in Engineering, Heads of Laboratory of ICS Tahir Alizadeh, PhD in Engineering, and Gulchin Abdullaeva, PhD in Mathematics, senior researcher Professor Ramin Rzayev, Doctor of Engineering, and senior specialist of R.I.T.A. Sevinj Babayeva.
The following 9 projects presented by Azerbaijani scientists were discussed at the meeting:
1. Noise Monitoring of the Condition of Offshore Platforms. (ICS)
2. Using the Theory of Fuzzy Sets and Noise Analysis Technologies to Improve the reliability and Safety of the Control of the Running Gear of the Rolling Stock. (ICS and Azerbaijan Technical University)
3. Comprehensive assessment and monitoring of financial stability of commercial banks using fuzzy methods for data analysis. (ICS)
4. Developing the Intelligent System for Treatment of Musculoskeletal Infections (MSI) Patients. (ICS)
5. Recognition of closed contours in complex ultrasound images. (ICS)
6. Application of modern space technologies for control of a condition and a choice of optimum routes of laying of the main oil and gas pipelines. (National Aerospace Agency)
7. From hydrogen to biofuel using microalgae and CO2: A dream come true. (Azerbaijan State University of Oil and Industry)
8. Developing a football team tactics simulator and creating a European network of tactical training centers. (3D PROSPER)
9. Development of a robotic boxing bag designed to improve strokes in martial arts. (3D PROSPER)
At the end of the meeting, it was proposed to prepare draft versions of project proposals with the aim of creating consortia for participation in the EU Horizon 2020 and HORIZON EUROPE programs.